Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Topanga State Park

Early  morning drive to Topanga Park doing some geocaching

Hardly on the trail and there was a deer.


Fire Ants


Eagle Rock (there was a geocache here)

View from Eagle Rock Ocean in the back
 Eagle Rock

Eagle Rock Sign

These pictures are from a few months ago.  I took the day and did some hiking and geocaching.  It was one of those hikes that you say I will just go on this trail and come back, but I just kept going and going and going, finding more and more caches.  I had no water left, was really thirsty and dehydrated and was getting really sunburn.  I came to an end of a trail to look for a geocache.  I passed by a house and there was a kid there about 9yr olds asked if I had a GPS in my hand I said yes and went on to my cache.  I found it came back toward the trail and the kid was still there with his younger siblings as if he was waiting for me.  He asked if I found what I was looking for.  I said I did.  Then he asked if I was a geocacher.  From there I ended up meeting his mom, getting a map of the trails around there, getting a nice long drink from the garden hose and then ventured with the kid to another nearby cache that I couldn't find...he had found it before. He was so happy that he could help and was chattering away about all the caches that they had found in the park.  I was happy for this encounter.  It was a good day. 

1 comment:

Life 102 said...

Love it Rachael! As always, excellent pictures.
Got your message, I will return your call... just might take me a bit. (c: Hope Cali is treatin you well. Fall is here in West MI... snow right around the corner, are you going to miss it? Probably not.
Talk soon,
Jenn