Thursday, August 13, 2009

Martha's Vinyard







Yesterday after going through the Cape Cod Canal I stopped in Martha's Vineyard to get fuel, groceries and water in the town of Menemsha. It is a great little fishing town. I guess there used to be a lot of sword fishing here. Twenty five years ago they would bring in 200 a week in 2006 only 2 were brought in.
The anchorage area is outside of the harbor in open sea. That was a little weird. I woke early since the wind was picking up and the boat swinging sharply from side to side. I motored in early to the fuel dock. It was 6:30 am and already busy with fisherman...didn't "open" until 7:00. I was not the first one there. I managed to find a wharf to put the boat while I did a quick tour of the small town and got some fruit and other fresh stuff. Great place...even got a shower at the beach showers. I was off and on my way by 8:30...not bad. On to Block Island.

No comments: